We are the New Mexico division of the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance.
New Mexico Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (NMAHPERD) assumes the responsibility for promoting the benefits and positive attitudes to be gained from an active and healthy lifestyle. NMAHPERD is dedicated to the development and recognition of innovative, effective programs or tenets that support total wellness. It is our commitment to provide increasing opportunities for a diverse constituency, to increase professional knowledge and to foster personal holistic development.
- The promotion of positive character through the unique evolutionary opportunities inherent in physical activity and sport.
- The commitment to foster and mentor individuals in the understanding and appreciation of the worth and benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
- The recognition and support of innovative programs or tenets that advocate quality health and wellness.
- The role of Instructional leadership through collaboration with appropriate agencies to meet the needs of a diverse population.
- The implementation of information, which reflective current knowledge and practices that encompass technology, research and design as it pertains to professional growth